Thursday, July 9, 2009

New eyes

On my daily walk yesterday afternoon I encountered two fawn who were about 30 feet ahead of me. They were about to cross the road I was walking on. Upon seeing me, they stood still, motionless, the "deer in the headlights" look, and then they turned around and scampered off into the meadow. I watch them for awhile. They were like little children running around the field, leaping in the air and running in circles. Then suddenly, one of them ran straight towards me and stopped about 10 feet from me. I looked into those beautiful Bambi eyes and my heart melted. I felt the innocence, the freshness, the newness, the awe of new life. The fawn then scampered away again, back into the meadow. Later that evening, I walked out into my backyard and lo and behold, there was the fawn standing in my backyard! We exchanged looks again and I just felt like I had been given such a gift. The gift of innocence and awe. She (the fawn seemed like a she to me) then scampered off into the woods.

In the book Animal-Speak by Ted Andrews, he states that the fawn is about "rediscovering innocence." He goes on to say"Step out slowly into new endeavors. Explore with fresh innocence. New wonders are about to appear. Maintain a fresh outlook." Thank you fawn for this beautiful message and this heartfelt encounter. I will keep my eyes open to the freshness of life!

Is there something happening in your life that needs a fresh perspective? Call upon fawn to help you see with new eyes the beauty and awe of life around you!

May you see today with new eyes,
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment