Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Even the tiniest is a teacher!

I had a phenomenal revelation the other day! All this summer I have been battling unrelenting swarms of gnats! I don't know why they're so prevalent this summer but I seem to encounter them everywhere. The worst has been on my daily walks. There's nothing worse than having gnats swarm around your head as you walk, breathing them into your nose, blinking them into your eyes, and zooming around in your hair. So one day as I was walking I started talking to the gnats. And I asked for a way for them to please back away. Immediately I was told to blow air gently out of my mouth toward them. Wow, the effect was immediate! They quickly backed off and even disappeared in time. So all summer, on my daily walk, when the gnats start swarming around me, I just start sending my breath out to them. And then, one day, it dawned on me that they were teaching me to breathe as I walk!!! Just like in yoga where you breathe with the movements, the gnats were teaching me to breathe as I walk! I have a whole different perspective now when they arrive. I thank them for the reminder to breathe!
May you remember to breathe today!
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment